Port 25 not open

James Pifer mailscannerlist at TNJINFL.COM
Thu Nov 21 19:04:43 GMT 2002

Now I've also tried the following line:
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')

I started out by commenting the whole line and it didn't work.
Commenting it out was how I did it on all my test servers.

netstat -an | grep 25 gives me:
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:25            0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN
unix  2      [ ]         DGRAM                    1258

Maybe I'm not rebuilding it correctly. After modifying the sendmail.mc
file I rebuild it with:
m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

Then I restart MailScanner with "service MailScanner reload"

I wrote and tested my steps from my original post using Redhat 8.0. The
server having the problem is 7.3, if that matters.

Thanks,
James
sorry to be using this list for an obvious sendmail/red hat problem....