Port 25 not open

Christopher Hicks chicks at CHICKS.NET
Thu Nov 21 18:35:55 GMT 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, James Pifer wrote:
> I've tried commenting it out:
> dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')
> And I've tried using the real ip address in the line
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=192.168.1.25, Name=MTA')

You've got to get rid of the "Addr=xxxx, " part totally.  I'm guessing
you're on Red Hat since they've been doing that garbage for a while.  I
forget to do that occasionally when I'm setting up a totally new box.
(Hay Red hat - If I don't want people connecting to my SMTP server I won't
open up that port in iptables.  Grrr.)  At least RH8 supports iptables by
default.

--
</chris>

Programming is a Dark Art, and it will always be. The programmer is
fighting against the two most destructive forces in the universe:
entropy and human stupidity. They're not things you can always
overcome with a "methodology" or on a schedule.
                -Damian Conway, Perl God