Help trying to install MailScanner 4.05-3 on SuSE 7.0

Alberto García Fumero alberto at CIED.RIMED.CU
Thu Nov 21 14:24:48 GMT 2002

Hi all.
I need a helping hand...
I have already installed MailScanner on my SuSE 7.3 workstation and it works
great, so I therefore copied all configuration files to the SuSE 7.0 server
with the  indeicated permissions. It doesn't work. No way. It seems the first
copy of sendmail simply does not push messages into mqueue.in, so they are
not processed. If I change the O QueueDirectory in sendmail.cf  to mqueue.in
it indeed processes the messages, but they never will leave the mqueue
directory. Great.
Here is my configuration:
(In crontab)

*/2 *  * * * root [ -x  /opt/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner ] &&\
/opt/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner > /dev/null 2>&1
*/6 * * * * root sendmail -q   <----- In SuSE 7.0; in SuSE 7.3 I start
sendmail by hand whenever I wish... testing, you know.

In the script that launches sendmail (/etc/rc.d/sendmail) there is the
following: (only relevant part here and on one line)

if test -z "$SENDMAIL_ARGS" ; then
	SENDMAIL_ARGS="-bd -ODeliveryMode=queueonly
-OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in &&\ -q5m"
fi
In YAST I have the following (the arguments):
-bd -ODeliveryMode=queueonly -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in && \
sendmail -q5m all in one line.
What am I doing wrong?
---
MSc. Alberto García Fumero
Centro de Información para la Educación
Ministerio de Educación
Usuario Linux No. 97 138
¿Windows? No, gracias! No apruebo el IVA (Impuesto al Virus Agregado)