Upgrade problems

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Nov 21 09:50:59 GMT 2002

At 06:00 21/11/2002, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I using sendmail + sophos + mailscanner-3.23-5 on redhat 7.3. What steps
>should I do if I want upgrade mailscanner to version 4.05-3?

Save a copy of the mailscanner.conf file so that you know what
customisations you made to it.
Then upgrade to V4 (using the tar of rpm's).
Then go through the V4 configuration files (now in /etc/MailScanner) and
configure it the way you want.

It will probably take you a couple of hours or so to do completely, so plan
for this.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ