Header change format

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Wed Nov 20 08:11:14 GMT 2002

Hi Julian,

> The SpamScore proposal above is simple and doesn't create
> compatibility problems.
>
> But does it do enough of what you want? If not, I don't want
> to do it. But if yes, then that will probably be my chosen solution.

As far as I can see: Yes that sollution would suffice. As long as
X-MailScanner-SpamScore only appears when the message is not whitelisted
etc. that would do it. I cannot see though, why backwards compatibility
should be a problem. You could still write the X-MailScanner-SpamCheck
header at exactly the same points under the same conditions and people
would not have to change their rules. Frankly I do not know how these
guys do their filtering as they should have the same problems.

Regards,
  JP