Calling all translators

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Nov 19 16:45:53 GMT 2002

At 21:01 18/11/2002, you wrote:
>It has too many too short phrases that I fear you intend to glue together at
>message generation time... the point is that Spanish (and all latin
>languages, including at least French and Italian) have quite a different
>sentence order than English... I'm so worried that the results look like
>those automatic translations you see in the web...

They are phrases and words that are just used as they are given, they are
not glued together at all. They are just for things such as the SpamCheck
header which can contain "not spam" at the start of the report when it has
been told to always include the header even when the message isn't spam.
That's why I included a line of explanation above each one that tells you
where it is used.

I agree that sticking these phrases together would be a very bad idea.

>Regretfully I'm stuck with lots of work and couldn't yet put my hands on MS
>(I have a pending ZMailer implementation)... Maybe if you could put the
>complete phrases in context in a comment before the config line, I could be
>more brave in translating... I also hope that Luis Peromarta is still around,
>'cause he did a great job reviewing my previous translation and making it
>much better overall..
>
>El 17 Nov 2002 a las 11:51, Julian Field escribió:
>
> > I have moved all the output strings into a configuration file so they
> > can
> > be translated into different languages, so MailScanner hopefully doesn't
> > output much to a user that has to be in English.
> >
> > I have attached the file, and would be grateful if people could
> > translate
> > it into other languages for me.
> >
> > Thanks folks!
> > Jules.
> >

>--
>Mariano Absatz
>El Baby
>What is a "free" gift ? Aren't all gifts free?

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ