Bad attachments not being removed in V4.05-3

Michael Keightley mk at QUADSTONE.COM
Tue Nov 12 18:57:34 GMT 2002

Quoting Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>:

> At 16:37 12/11/2002, you wrote:
> >We are currently using MailScanner V3.24-1 and have just tried out V4.05-3.
> >We don't have a Virus scanner on our mail gateway, but do want to
> quarantine
> >attachments specified in filename.rules.conf.
> >In V3.24 this works, in V4.05-3 the bad attachments are not quarantined.
> >
> >We have "Virus Scanning = no" set in both versions.
> >
> >What's changed?
>
> Pretty much everything :-)
> I re-wrote it from scratch.
>
> You won't get far trying to use a mailscanner.conf from version 3 on version
> 4.
> I suggest you go through the version 4 conf file carefully.
I did use the version 4 config files with version 4.

Michael

--
Michael Keightley <Michael.Keightley at quadstone.com>    Tel: +44 131 240 3137
Systems Manager, Quadstone Limited,                    Fax: +44 131 220 4492