SV: Installation questions..

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Nov 11 14:44:05 GMT 2002

At 13:17 11/11/2002, you wrote:
> [...]

If you put incoming and quarantine on the same partition as the mqueue.in
and mqueue, then just before you run out of disk space sendmail will stop
accepting incoming connections until you give it more space. So you don't
a) risk message corruption caused by not having enough space to extract the
attachments
b) risk data loss by not having a full quarantine

In MailScanner I intentionally do not watch for disk full errors because
1) it's very hard to do portably
2) sendmail is very good at it already

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ