Mailscanner-4.05-3

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Nov 10 15:39:31 GMT 2002

At 15:32 10/11/2002, you wrote:
>Julian Field wrote:
>
>>At 22:24 09/11/2002, you wrote:
>>
>>>I've recently installed version 4 from a tarball on a Solaris U10,
>>>and I just wanted to point out that
>>>
>>>1. The script Sophos.install uses linux names for
>>>the compressed tarball and tarball variables.
>>

>>I should probably just put in Linux and non-Linux versions of it. I'll
>>take
>>a look.
>>
>>>2. Given the changes in the filesytem hierarchy
>>>under the quarantine directory and the new naming
>>>convention for spam files saved there, the script df2mbox
>>>no longer works correctly.
>>

>>Please try the attached one and let me know if it works okay or not. None
>>of my servers here quarantine spam (for legal reasons).
>
>Well the directory part seems right, but since I moved to v4
>all the messages under spam begin with gA... .

You need to be storing the quarantine files in "raw queue files" format

# When you quarantine an entire message, do you want to store it as
# raw mail queue files (so you can easily send them onto users) or
# as human-readable files (header then body in 1 file)?
Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = yes

Otherwise there is no need to use the df2mbox script at all, as the
quarantined files are already readable whole messages.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ