MailScanner not virus scanning

Lush, Richard Richard.Lush at HP.COM
Fri Nov 8 12:39:32 GMT 2002

Hi All,

I have Sophos and f-prot both configured within MailScanner.conf but it
would appear the virus scanners are not running.  I am not getting any
error messages they are just not running.  (i.e. no messages showing the
maillog, in fact I haven't seen anything since upgrading) This sounds
similar to a problem report earlier by someone else I think, I am
running Redhat 8.0 with MailScanner 4.05-3.  The wrappers run ok (tested
manually).

The only change I have made is upgrade. (Julian, I upgraded after you
added the Sophos changes I tested to the rpm).

I've been sending some test viruses from VX Heavens, Mcafee is picking
them up on Exchange but MailScanner is not.

Any ideas?

Richard