Hardware Woes

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Nov 6 21:28:21 GMT 2002

At 21:07 06/11/2002, you wrote:
>Julian Field wrote:
> > At 20:03 06/11/2002, you wrote:
> > >I'll let Julian tell us what his needs/requirements are :)
> >
> > My ideal list is this at the moment:
> >
> > PC to run SuSE / Ensim / RedHat
> > Cobalt raq
> > Cobalt cube (or is it qube these days)
> > and a Sun workgroup server for various Solaris versions.
> >

>All 240V / 50 Hz or auto-switching, I assume.

Yes please. Fortunately PC power supplies are cheap.

>Julian, have you looked at the Sun Cobalt RaQ Hotel?
>http://developer.cobalt.com/resources/hotel.php
>(You may have to register first at:
>http://developer.cobalt.com/sol/dev.maintenance.php)
>I haven't used it.  Apparently they have the Qube 3, but not the RaQ
>XTR or 550.

That looks like a possibility for testing builds. Unfortunately I can't
guarantee being able to spend lots of hours at some specific dates, so this
would be less suitable for development use. Occasionally my real job gets
in the way :-) The other development docs there definitely look very useful
though.

And as I didn't know they existed, a Sun LX50 would be very handy too.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ