Startup script

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Nov 4 18:57:43 GMT 2002

I'm not at all convinced this will work, but give it a try:
Write a very short script that sets these variables and then calls
sendmail, something like this

#!/bin/sh
export LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libensimvwhbw.so
export ENSIMVWH_BWSVCID=1
/usr/sbin/sendmail "$@"

and then call this script in MailScanner instead of directly invoking
sendmail. You should just edit the "Sendmail =" setting in MailScanner.conf
to refer to your script instead of sendmail itself.

See what happens with this setup.

At 18:42 04/11/2002, you wrote:
>I am still trying to get MailScanner fully working with Ensim WEBppliance
>- the only part that is not working is a piece of custom ensim code that
>is normally called from the sendmail startup script. The two lines are:
>
>         export LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libensimvwhbw.so
>         export ENSIMVWH_BWSVCID=1
>
>If I add these to the MailScanner startup script, MailScanner will accept
>mail, but will not deliver it to any chrooted site. I also get file not
>found errors thrown to the console. It seems to me then, to be something
>that must be passed from the sendmail config for this module to work,
>which is not passed by MailScanner - it is supposed to track the size of
>each mail passed through sendmail, so a monthly 'bandwidth allowance' can
>be applied to each virtual site within Ensim. I don't really know where to
>go next, and wondered if anybody who knows sendmail in more detail might
>have any ideas where to look?
>
>Does MailScanner refer to all the same sendmail config files that sendmail
>would if it was called using its own startup script?
>
>Andrew G Allen
>email: mail at projectandrew.com | voice: +44 (0) 7958 540596
>
>--- Disclaimer ---
>This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
>intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
>addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
>system manager.
>

>--
>This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
>content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ