Small errors

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Nov 3 21:38:06 GMT 2002

At 21:31 03/11/2002, you wrote:
>MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner version 4.05-1 starting...

Fixed.

>Also, when I issue 'service MailScanner stop', I get:
>
>MailScanner:       We haven't got any child processes, which isn't right!,
>No child processes at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 191.
>We have just tried to reap a process which wasn't one of ours!, No child
>processes at /usr/sbin/MailScanner line 194.
>
>And when I issue it again, MailScanner stops correctly. Otherwise
>everything is working ok :)

What system are you running it on?
I am vaguely hoping to get some more development kit, which will mean I can
start to get this problem solved in a portable way. The Apache folks solved
it by having a separate program (apachectl) to do the job, I'll probably
have to go the same way.

Jules.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ