Mail Relay to Lotus

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Fri Nov 1 17:15:33 GMT 2002

or even simpler make an entry in your /etc/mail/mailertablefile like this
yourdomain.com        esmtp:[10.1.0.20]

That's what I do to feed M$ Exchange on a local ip the []'s make sure that
sendmail doesn't do a lookup for the ip

Remco

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Julian Field wrote:

> You should be able to use the same DNS/sendmail setup you used before.
> MailScanner does not get involved in the delivery process in any way
> whatsoever.
>
> Set sendmail+dns so it is doing the forwarding you want to happen, then
> just drop in MailScanner.
>
> At 15:31 01/11/2002, you wrote:
> >Here's my problem, mail comes into the company via a web-proxy running on
> >the firewall, that will be proxy'ing to the "mailscanner" machine.  Call
> >it mail-gw.  My wish is it to scan the email and pass it on to the domino
> >server.  We run internal and external dns for this hostname, so how i had
> >invisioned it is this.
> >
> >externally mx is ip of the firewall with the proxy
> >internally mx is the ip of the domino server (5) and mail-gw (10)
> >
> >The problem is this, using that setup, any internal systems that require
> >to email internally will try hitting the domino server.  Perfect you
> >think, wrong! the domino server (which isn't mine to administer) is setup
> >to only accept connections from the mail-gw ip.
> >
> >Basically i'm trying to get rid of the mcafee scanner that currently sits
> >on a winbox and replace it, but i'm finding it difficult telling
> >mailscanner to scan and forward without relying on DNS.  I suppose i could
> >run a seperate dns server on the mailgw and mx is only the domino server,
> >but i think that would be tremendous pain in the ass to have two
> >independent dns servers.
> >
> >Any ideas.. at my old workplace i used amavis and just set DH in sendmail
> >config file to the destination for all mail.  Trying this with MailScanner
> >basically got ignored ;)
> >
> >Alex
>
> --
> Julian Field                Teaching Systems Manager
> jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk         Dept. of Electronics & Computer Science
> Tel. 023 8059 2817          University of Southampton
>                              Southampton SO17 1BJ

believed to be clean.