Rules via SQL queries?

James A. Pattie james at PCXPERIENCE.COM
Fri Nov 1 15:33:35 GMT 2002

Julian Field wrote:
> At 10:31 01/11/2002, you wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 15:59:19 +0100, you wrote:
>>
>> >If you want to give it a try, you'll find a new set of "mailscanner",
>> >"Config.pm" and "CustomConfig.pm" files attached. Have a read of
>> >CustomConfig.pm and see if it explains enough so you can see what you
>> need
>> >to do.
>>
>> I had problems finding the files inside the .zip file. It turned out I
>> had to change it to a .gz file and the resulting file seemed to be a
>> tar-file.
>>
>> And with that comes my question:
>> There are two functions Initmyfunction and myfunction. But what if I
>> open a database and would like to close it when it is time for MS to
>> restart. Shouldn't there be function like Endmyfunction?
>

> Yes, that did occur to me. But the database should notice that the process
> on the client end of the function has exited and clear up anyway.
>
> Okay, I've added an "End" function to them. It will get called
whenever the
> MailScanner processes die of old age or receive a "SIGHUP" (which forces
> them to be respawned).
>
> Hopefully this is the last change I will have to make, as changing this
> stuff requires people to change their CustomConfig.pm functions to match
> the new structure.

Alternatively you could use the DBIWrapper module I maintain
(http://dbiwrapper.sf.net/) to make your connection to the database.
When the object you instantiated goes out of scope I automatically close
the connection to the database and cleanup.  It currently only supports
MySQL, PostgreSQL and ODBC DBI modules.

- --
James A. Pattie
james at pcxperience.com