Rules via SQL queries?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Nov 1 11:04:41 GMT 2002

At 10:31 01/11/2002, you wrote:
>On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 15:59:19 +0100, you wrote:
>
> >If you want to give it a try, you'll find a new set of "mailscanner",
> >"Config.pm" and "CustomConfig.pm" files attached. Have a read of
> >CustomConfig.pm and see if it explains enough so you can see what you need
> >to do.
>
>I had problems finding the files inside the .zip file. It turned out I
>had to change it to a .gz file and the resulting file seemed to be a
>tar-file.
>
>And with that comes my question:
>There are two functions Initmyfunction and myfunction. But what if I
>open a database and would like to close it when it is time for MS to
>restart. Shouldn't there be function like Endmyfunction?

Yes, that did occur to me. But the database should notice that the process
on the client end of the function has exited and clear up anyway.

Okay, I've added an "End" function to them. It will get called whenever the
MailScanner processes die of old age or receive a "SIGHUP" (which forces
them to be respawned).

Hopefully this is the last change I will have to make, as changing this
stuff requires people to change their CustomConfig.pm functions to match
the new structure.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ