raqfaq error in RAQ4 instructions

Jonothon Ortiz (Xnext, Inc) jon at XNEXT.COM
Sun May 26 16:41:33 IST 2002

The q(x) point ws something I brought up to the RaQFaQ people before and
they didn't pay attention to it, for some odd reason. I don't think it's
been updated in awhile.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Julian Field
Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2002 11:21
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: raqfaq error in RAQ4 instructions

At 15:36 26/05/2002, you wrote:
>1/ What's the error in the raqfaq?

It's where they refer to /var/spool/mqueue/q(x). If prefer to flatten it
back to the standard /var/spool/mqueue directory with no subdirectories.

>2/ Is there a good reason to use this approach rather than choosing one of
the
>existing queues as Mailscanner's output queue?

It's just more "normal". Having split queue subdirectories and only using 1
of them, seems a bit unusual to me.

>   If for some strange reason the user
>uninstalled Mailscanner, they'd have a lot more work getting back to the
>default
>sendmail install.

They would just have to tweak the 1 line in sendmail.cf.

But it's up to you which you go for. I think you need to be a bit more
explicit about the config lines you advise people to change. "q(x)" isn't
as obvious as just saying "q1" for example.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ