mailscanner 3.15-3 proc dies without error/warning - tied to mailman? - POSSIBLE SOLUTION

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue May 21 23:49:22 IST 2002

This sounds as if it is very closely related to a Perl bug I hit in this
function when I wrote it. There is a limited stack size for
parsing/executing regexps in Perl, and I exceeded it from the looks of it.

Basically the program would always bomb out if I did s/foo/bar/i and would
work fine if I did s/foo/bar.
Go figure! :-(

At 18:13 21/05/2002, you wrote:
>Well, I remembered one thing that I had changed yesterday when playing
>with the configuration... In the advanced section of mailscanner.conf, I
>changed the variable "Multiple Headers" from "append" to "replace"...
>Seeing as to how the listserv email is what's causing the breakdown & that
>it's primarily the only mail that'll pass through twice (and therefore
>have multiple headers) it seems possible that this has something to do
>with it.  Maybe I just stumbled across a weird bug.  Now that I've
>switched it back to "append" I don't immediately have any trouble with
>Mailman listserv messages.  I'll be watching the system closely,
>however... I'll keep you posted if anything changes.
>Julian, if you want me to do any testing of this for you just let me know
>and I'll do what I can!  Thanks for your help!
>-Ryan
>
>--
>Ryan Dlugosz
>ryan at dlugosz.net