Error Installing

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at ELIRION.NET
Tue May 21 23:31:08 IST 2002

Richard at Quarryhouse wrote:

> On attempting to install Mailscanner on my Cobalt RaQ4R, all seemed to go
> OK until I got to start MailScanner. I then got the following error:
>
> [root etc]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/mailscanner start
> Starting MailScanner: makemap: /etc/mail/virtusertable: line 1085: key
> metalawca at www.jonskichov.co.uk: duplicate key
> /var/spool/mqueue.in and /var/spool/mqueue must be on the same
> filesystem/partition! at /usr/local/MailScanner/bin/logger.pl line 60.
>
> Richard

Richard,

A few of us have been trying to keep notes on RaQ3/4 installation at:
http://www.uk2raq.com/raqfaq/raqfaqshow.php?faq=96

The /etc/mail/virtusertable warning shouldn't stop mailscanner working.
It just means you've got duplicate entries for metalawca at www.jonskichov.co.uk
in your virtusertable.  I think it's due to a change in the way the RaQ GUI
handles that file.  You should stop sendmail and hand edit the file to
remove the duplicate.

The second warning indicates that you don't have all the symbolic links between
/var/spool and /home/spool set up correctly.  See the RaQFaQ mentioned
above.  You probably created /var/spool/mqueue.in rather than creating
/home/spool/mqueue.in and symbolically linking /var/spool/mqueue.in to it.

I hope this helps.

        Richard Siddall.