lock.pl for BSD and Linux

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Tue May 21 04:44:06 IST 2002

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 11:22:11AM -0500, Michael Chaney wrote:
> I'm not sure if I've sent this along before, so here it is.
>
> Here's the lock.pl that I use for FreeBSD, works with Linux also.  With
> some minor modifications, it should be trivial to make it work with any
> Unix system out there.

Hmmm... I must have forgotten to deal with this, or not decided on the
best answer. I'll try to get something done for the next major release,

Probably try to use the CPAN locking module if it's available, if not then
do something per-recognised-OS, or die horribly if OS not recognised.

I have a whole bunch of documentation that I gathered last time I looked
at this, with the correct struct for several OS. Maybe I didn't commit
anything because it wasn't tested enough or something. Anyway, I'll have
another look.

Cheers,

Nick
Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Accent on helpful side of your nature.  Drain the moat.