strange logs (defer)

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Tue May 21 04:29:04 IST 2002

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 12:42:08PM +0200, Vincent Meoc wrote:

> == root at my.domain D=defer_director defer (-1): forced defer:
> All deliveries are deferred
>
> appear some times. It appear every time when a mail is send from local to local but

This happens when Exim tries to deliver a message directly from the incoming
queue (or when it is told to deliver immediately from the command line).

The recommended config forces that Exim instance to defer the delivery,
as we don't want things to be delivered until they've been scanned.

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
Tonight's the night: Sleep in a eucalyptus tree.