Mailscanner with eTrust InoculateIT 6.0

Ian Ee email-ian at POST1.COM
Thu May 16 15:02:39 IST 2002

Julian,

I'm contributing a patch for the wonderful software. I've managed to patch
sweep.pl so that Mailscanner could work with CA eTrust InoculateIT 6.0
(aka. inocmd32). I traced the problems to the ProcessInoculateOutput
function and found that the path returned was still not stripped clean of
extra comments produced by inocmd32.

The patch below works for me so far without glitches (on 4 live servers).
You may need to improve on it add it to the next release. Hopefully it'll
work for the rest using inocmd32.

 *** /usr/local/mailscanner/mailscanner/bin/sweep.pl     Thu May 16
20:57:01 2002
--- sweep.pl  Thu May 16 21:23:47 2002
***************
*** 550,561 ****
--- 550,565 ----

    # ino uses <file.ext> instead of /files.ext/ in archives
    $line =~ s/</\//;
    $line =~ s/>/\//;

    $report = $line;
+
+   $line =~ s/File //;
+   ($line, @rest) = split(/ is infected by virus:/, $line);
+
    $infected = $line;
  #  $infected =~ s/^.*found\s*in\s*file\s*//i;
    # JKF 10/08/2000 Used to split into max 3 parts, but this doesn't handle
    # viruses in zip files in attachments. Now pull out first 3 parts
instead.
    ($dot, $id, $part, @rest) = split(/\//, $infected);
    $infections->{"$id"}{"$part"} .= $report . "\n";