scanning of messages received using fetchmail

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat May 11 19:27:38 IST 2002

At 22:57 12/05/2002, you wrote:
>Through outgoing messaging are scanned by mailscanner. The messages which I
>receive using fetchmail from my pop3 accounts are not scanned by
>mailscanner. What am I doing wrong ?

I'm not a fetchmail user, but what you need to do is to configure fetchmail
to talk SMTP to localhost to deliver the messages it picks up from your
pop3 accounts (which I believe is its default behaviour anyway).

Make sure that sendmail is running, and is in daemon mode (i.e. it is
listening for connections on port 25). Something like "ps ax | grep
sendmail" should tell you that.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ