->multipart/mixed patch (was Virus Klez.H and McAfee)

Jason Summers jason at MED-WEB.COM
Fri May 10 16:30:35 IST 2002

Julian Field wrote:

> Try this:
> *** /usr/local/mailscanner/mailscanner/bin/explode.pl   Fri Feb  1 10:22:44
> 2002
> --- explode.pl  Thu May  9 12:07:58 2002
> ***************
> *** 301,310 ****
> --- 301,315 ----
>                               Data => $Warning,
>                               Encoding => 'quoted-printable',
>                               Charset => 'us-ascii',
>                               Top => 0;
>      $parent->parts(\@parts);
> +
> +   # And make the parent a multipart/mixed if it's a multipart/alternative
> +   $parent->head->mime_attr("content-type" => "multipart/mixed")
> +     if ($parent->is_multipart) &&
> +        ($parent->head->mime_attr("content-type") =~
> /multipart\/alternative/i);
>    }
>
>    # Disinfect all the infected entities
>    sub Disinfect {
>      my($Reports, $Types, $Id2Entity, $File2Entity, $Entity2Parent,
> $Entity2File, $IsTNEF) = @_;

Thank you!

Once that's done, it ought to be safe to change the Disposition of
VirusWarning.txt to "inline". That will make email clients more likely
to display the message automatically, without requiring the user to
explicitly open an attachment. (Some people may not prefer that
behavior, though.)

At about line 301 of explode.pl, change:
    Disposition => 'attachment',
to:
    Disposition => 'inline',

--