"notify recipient" vs "deliver to recipient"?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Thu May 9 18:03:40 IST 2002

Julian,
   My other concern is privacy for the victim of the virus, in the case of
the mass-mailing worms that grab files out of "My Documents" and send them
on, infected.  Even after cleaning, the attachment may have private
information that the victim didn't want sent out.  A notification to the
recipient gives them a clue but doesn't divulge private information.

** Jeff A. Earickson, Ph.D                         PHONE: 207-872-3659
** Senior UNIX Sysadmin, Information Technology    EMAIL: jaearick at colby.edu
** Colby College, 4214 Mayflower Hill,               FAX: 207-872-3076
** Waterville ME, 04901-8842