Klez-G

Gene & Mary LeDuc leduc at CTS.COM
Thu May 9 04:18:03 IST 2002

At 07:23 PM 5/8/2002 -0400, brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU wrote:
>Has anyone made any modifications to Mailscanner yet forward a copy of
>the postmaster warning message to the postmaster in the domain of the
>sending machine?  Or is this a bad idea of attempting?

Sophos has a product called MailMonitor that performs the same function as
mailscanner with this option.  When I was evaluating it I found it worked
extremely well.  There was a verizon account that had been spewing hundreds
of sircams at us daily.  That account abruptly stopped firehosing us 2 days
after I installed the sophos product.  Apparently several hundred abuse
warning messages to the postmaster in 2 days made a difference.  Before then
I had sent a few pleas to the abuse address but nothing was done.  The
squeaky wheel got the grease in this case.  This was such an effective
feature that I requested it as soon as I started using mailscanner.

I vote "yes"

Regards,
Gene