regarding my tests

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Wed May 8 16:21:26 IST 2002

Most of our mailboxes are exchange and I do the same thing for my
messages for testing other stuff. I've noticed the same thing but it's
not mailscanner.  Exchange seems to notice that it's the same message
coming from both systems and only gives you the one copy.  If you delete
the message from exchange before the second copy comes in then you'll
see the second one.  I see this occur when my test system has problems
and queues mail.  After I notice the problem sometimes at then end of
the day and correct it, I end up with all the copies of messages that I
had already read and deleted.  Exchange maybe looking at the Message-ID
for it's determination of creating a new message record.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Peters [mailto:P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 9:34 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: regarding my tests

As I pointed out in my previous mail I am testing mailscanner with
spamassassin and f-prot for our university. To test mailscanner I
duplicate the message in our MX-server so one copy goes directly to the
server with the mailbox (the normal route) and a copy is sent through
the testserver. I myself use a POP-box on a unix-system and everything
goes allright. But when I use an address that gets delivered to an
exchange server the kopie sent through mailscanner does not appear in
the mailbox.

Does anybody know of things exchange might be doing?

When I send directly to the "dummy" address that points to the
mailscanner box exchange behaves like it should.

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,