Virus Klez.H and McAfee

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Wed May 8 14:28:15 IST 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002 13:51:35 +0100, you wrote:

>> I've seen a similar problem here.
>> Klez is also detected in my setup with Sophos. I receive an HTML formatted
>> email indicating that I can read details in the attachment virusalert.txt,
>> but the attachment is not there.
>
>I had one this morning which was disinfected but all I see (in Netscape
>Messenger) is a base64 encoded attachment. My guess is that the original
>message uses slightly iffy MIME tags and Julian's insertion of the warning
>doesn't quite work. I've still got what was left if anyone who understands
>MIME or MailScanner better than I wants to look at it?

I use f-prot and in Agent the "viruswarning.txt" is visible as an
attachment (and with ^R inline). But after my tests I included a
colleage with outlook (with exchange) in the tests. He gets the two
lines from "Inline Text Warning" and an empty attachment.

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,