Sophos autoupdate is dead jim!

David Fry david.fry at IFRSYS.COM
Tue May 7 20:24:14 IST 2002

greetings list,

As of 5:00 a.m. this morning, the Sophos autoupdate script has been dying
across all my mailservers.  Nothing has been changed on those boxes .. cron
runs the autoupdate hourly.

I get the following error:  , Bad file descriptor at ./autoupdate line 77.

One time before I got an error like this .. Sophos' website was very busy
and it promptly recovered on the next hourly update. It appears this time
that is not the case -- the script continues to fail over & over again.
Given that nothing has changed on my end, I have to suspect something is
awry with the Sophos update site.

Does anyone have an idea what may be going on or seeing something
similar??  Anyone know if Sophos has made changes on their end?

I am perplexed!

Thanks in advance for any help or direction on this guy!

-david fry