spamassassin not called on Debian?

Kurt Yoder kylist at SHCORP.COM
Mon Mar 25 20:39:34 GMT 2002

Mike Zanker said:
> On 24 March 2002 00:06 -0500 Kurt Yoder <kylist at SHCORP.COM> wrote:
>
>> Mailscanner doesn't appear to be using spamassassin, even though I've
>> got the mailscanner.cf file set with option "Use SpamAssassin = yes".
>> I sent myself a redirected spam, but it wasn't caught. I'm not even
>> seeing the X-header "X-MailScanner-SpamCheck:". Mails from the
>> internet (ie, they aren't in the whitelist) don't show this X-header
>> either...
>
> Are you sure that you haven't got your network or e-mail address in the
> network or e-mail address whitelist? That would prevent spams that you
> forward to yourself being processed. This caught me out when I was
> testing.
>
> Also, the X-header is only added to e-mails that are found to be spam.

Well, I just sent myself the confirmed spam from my yahoo account, but still
no spamassassin intervention. I know it would be flagged as spam if
spamassassin were looking at it, because I tried scanning it with
"spamassassin -t". Any other ideas? Is there a mailscanner debug option that
can show me what's happening at the point that spamassassin would normally
be called?

--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator