installing from the rpm

Osvaldo T. Suarez otsuarez at CASA.CULT.CU
Mon Mar 25 19:32:32 GMT 2002

Hi:
I am installing a new mail server, based on redhat 7.1.
I just downloaded the latest mailscanner version (3.13-2) and when i try to
installed it, I got this message:
error: failed dependencies:
gcc is needed by mailscanner-3.13-2
unzip is needed by mailscanner-3.13-2
The problem is that since I try to make the minimal installation posible, I
left out a lot of things. I don't have problems with installing unzip, but
what about gcc? I was trying to avoid having a compiler installed on a
production server. Does anybody knows what is the gcc needed for? And so,
could I just ignored it?
Regards,
toja