Usage Question

Kelly Hamlin fizz at BOMB.NET
Wed Mar 20 20:41:55 GMT 2002

sophos liscence is ridiculous, but the trial never expires (*cough*)
As far as hardware, i do about 30-45 thousand messages a day and my email gateway is a 233 with 128 megs of ram. Works great :)

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Steven Parsons
  To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
  Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 3:28 PM
  Subject: Usage Question

  Ive just recently subscribed to this list to please forgive me if this
  has been asked - I was not able to find any faq's with this information.

  Im now running mailscanner - sopos (trial which I really like) and
  spam assassin.  Setup is catching about 95% of my spam im very
  impressed (just my own account right now).

  Say you wanted to implement this in a site on a large scale - what
  kind of HW are some of you using - Say to filter for example under
  a million messages daily.  Also in my above scenario would I only
  have to worry about licensing sopho's to be legal ?

  I appreciate any information or pointers anyone can give. Im looking
  to deploy this on a big scale as so far it looks like the most cost
  effective & efficient .

  Thanks

  Steven B. Parsons