mailscanner setup on debian?

Kurt Yoder kylist at SHCORP.COM
Fri Mar 8 20:17:07 GMT 2002

Hello list

I am trying to set up mailscanner on Debian using the .deb package. The
instructions on the mailscanner site don't seem to apply to the Debian setup
of mailscanner. At the mailscanner site, I see

"Currently, your copy of sendmail will be started by a script such as
/etc/init.d/mail or /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail. Somewhere in this script will
be the command to start sendmail itself. This should look like this:

sendmail -bd -q15m

You should change this to the following two lines:

sendmail -bd -ODeliveryMode=queueonly -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in
    sendmail -q15m"

However, in my Debian install (yes, I am using sendmail, not exim), I can't
find any references to "sendmail -bd -q15m". Anyone have any ideas what I'm
supposed to do?

--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator