Newbie questions

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Mar 8 14:38:09 GMT 2002

At 14:15 08/03/2002, you wrote:
>1- would a French version be available somewhere?  If not, are all the
>files that would need translating in the /usr/local/MailScanner/etc
>directory?

Apart from the message to the local Postmaster (which is very brief anyway
and not seen by normal users), all the translations needed are in the
/usr/local/MailScanner/etc directory.

>2- could it be used on a mail gateway that accepts emails for many
>domains, scans them and then dispatchs them to other mail hosts?  (the
>doc seems to say so)

Yes, it will drop into your existing sendmail configuration.

>3- the documentation says that "It is easy to install into an existing
>e-mail gateway, requiring very little knowledge of sendmail and no
>change to an existing sendmail configuration."; it also says "All the
>required changes can be easily done by editing the commands used to
>start sendmail." but I can't find more on the subject...  is this
>magical?

Read the installation guides on the web site. If you are installing on a
Linux system, then the RPM will insert the init.d startup script for you.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ