Installation on RAQ4

Simon Blandford home at SIMONB.ORG.UK
Thu Mar 7 17:54:17 GMT 2002

Hi,

I found some issues installing Mailscanner on a Cobalt RAQ4. I installed
from the rpm file.

1) In config.pl there are references to /opt/ even though both Mailscanner
and Sophos are installed under /usr/local/.

2) The queue munching instance of Sendmail did not do anything with the
contents of /var/spool/mqueue until I explicitely told it where the queue
was in the /etc/rc.d/init.d/mailscanner script.
 $SENDMAIL -q15m
had to be changed to
 $SENDMAIL -q15m -OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue

2) A new script was installed in /etc/rc.d/init.d called "mailscanner". The
Cobalt will restart the Sendmail process whenever any mail settings are
changed. I found the best solution was to save the old "sendmail" script to
a backup and make a hybrid of the "sendmail" and "mailscanner" script so as
far as the Cobalt is concerned it is business as usual.

Regards,
Simon B.