Microsloth security update worm not being caught!

David Sullivan David.Sullivan at BARNET.AC.UK
Thu Mar 7 16:33:23 GMT 2002

On 7 Mar 2002 at 11:14, Rose, Bobby wrote:
> But are you guys restricting exe's?  I saw the same thing but
> Mailscanner stopped it only because it was an exe and that's in my
> restricted attachment list.

If that were the case you wouldn't get the ">>> Virus" bit as shown below since
this is an indication from the virus scanner that it has found the virus shown.

Unacceptable attachments should generate an message indicating that the file
extension is on a list of unacceptable attachments.

--
David Sullivan        IT Services, Barnet College, London
                            David.Sullivan at barnet.ac.uk
                            020 8275 5036

This communication may contain privileged or confidential information which
is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please note that you may not distribute or use this
communication or the information it contains.  If this e-mail has reached you
in error, please delete it and any attachment.

Internet communications are not secure and Barnet College does not accept
legal responsibility for the content of this message.  Any views or opinions
expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of Barnet College.

Please note that Barnet College reserves the right to monitor the
source/destinations of all incoming or outgoing e-mail communications.