autoupdate erases my uvscan directory

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 7 16:52:04 GMT 2002

At 15:17 07/03/2002, you wrote:
>After installing McAfee antivirus for Linux, I noticed that signature
>files are located in the /usr/local/uvscan directory, and that the
>installation does not create a separate /dat subdirectory.

Fixed. Thanks for reporting that.

>So I
>modified autoupdate script and made datdir point to that directory.
>But when it executes, it deletes the entire uvscan directory. Is
>there a fix for this?

Keep all the dat files in a separate directory (e.g. the
/usr/local/mcafee/dat directory).

>Also, I have RAV antivirus. Will support for RAV be added anytime
>soon?

If you can give us the documentation and some sample output, I can probably
implement it for you. However, you are welcome to try to do it yourself.
Take a look at sweep.pl and copy what is already there for the current
range of supported scanners.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ