Sophos autoupdate cron woe.

David Fry david.fry at ifrsys.com
Wed Mar 6 19:29:02 GMT 2002

Greetings,

I have Sophos running under Mailscanner version 3.04 successfully on both
RedHat 7.1 & 6.2 platforms.  The setups are basically identical with
autoupdate being run from CROND.  On the RedHat 7.1 box it works like a
champ.  On the RedHat 6.2 box, it works like a champ ONLY if I run the
script from the command line -- Once I schedule it in cron, I get the
following error message:

" Lynx failed with error return 1
, Bad file descriptor at /opt/mailscanner/bin/autoupdate line 75. "

I have to suspect it is some sort of environment variable or path issue on
the 6.2 box since it works fine if I invoke it from the command prompt.  Is
there some flag I should be adding to the cron entry so that lynx doesn't
croak on me?

Anyone out there able to clue me in??

Thanks in advance for your help.

David Fry