Problem with "Compile SpamAssassin Once" (Addendum)

Mike Klinkert michael at NOMENNESCIO.NET
Sun Jun 30 16:30:51 IST 2002

Julian Field wrote:

> What version of Perl are you using? It has to be a Perl/SpamAssassin
> problem. Try upgrading to Perl 5.6.1 then re-install SpamAssassin and see
> if that cures it.

5.6.1

> The other alternative is that it is failing to read one of your "rule
> scores" files. If you uninstall SpamAssassin, then go round and find the
> spamassassin.cf files and user_prefs files and stuff like that, to ensure
> that you have *completely* removed it, then re-install SpamAssassin. Just
> upgrading SpamAssassin probably won't touch your SA config files.
>
> I have just done a little search of my SA installation and the 25FREEMEGS
> text is mentioned in spamassassin.cf (in /usr/lib/perl5/site-perl/5.6.1).
> Ensure you delete this file before re-installing SA.

I completely removed SA (so I thought) and installed it again, with no
success. It turned out that there was a dir in /etc/mail called
spamassassin, which contained .cf files which where previously in /etc.
I removed them and now it works. Thanks for the hint!

Great job Julian!

--
Mike.