Virus report e-mail

Mike Klinkert michael at NOMENNESCIO.NET
Sun Jun 30 16:08:51 IST 2002

Julian Field wrote:

> Hang on, is your "incoming" directory specified in mailscanner.conf
> exactly
> the same as the directory it really is? If you have some soft-links in
> the
> path, you'll probably run into trouble. From your output below, your
> incoming directory should be defined as
>         Incoming Work Dir  = /opt/MailScanner-3.20-6/var/incoming

k, I just tested with "The EICAR Standard AntiVirus Test File" and now
it shows everything correctly! Thanks. I do find it a bit strange that
soft links cannot be handled properly! I create symbolic links with the
generic name of *all* installed packages (/opt/mozilla points to
/opt/mozilla-1.1a, etc.). I soft linked /opt/MailScanner to
/opt/MailScanner-3.21-1 (in fact I still do). But I changed *all*
instances of "/opt/Mailscanner/" with "/opt/MailScanner-3.21-1/" and
that did idd the trick.

--
Mike.