MailScanner Wish List!

Moacyr Leite da Silva moacyrs at AKADNYX.COM.BR
Sun Jun 30 07:29:35 IST 2002

Hi

I don't know if these features are available in others tools, I was
searching for things like "mail audit" in google and found an article
about CPAN Mail::Audit modules.

So what I did below is a kind of brainstorm about mail auditing features
that would be great to be found in MailScanner. I'm not able to make
this, so what I can do is asking for things like that to be in
MailScanner Wish List.

Mail Auditing Capability, is something like Mail Archive, but I thought
something like:

o  Mail Audit = no | incoming | outgoing | both

   Specify the direction of scanning of messages for auditing

o  Mail Audit Subject Text = {Mail Audit}

o  Mail Auditor  = Postmaster

   Specify the recipient of messages for auditing

o  Mail Audit Senders = senders.to.audit.conf

   Contains the domains or emails that we need to audit
   (it can be compared to altivore)

o  Mail Audit Recipients = recipients.to.audit.conf

   Contains the domains or emails that we need to audit
   (it can be compared to altivore)

o  Mail Audit Content = enable | disable
o  Mail Audit Content Config = content.to.audit.conf

   Contains the words or phrases that are considered unacceptable
   to business, it can help prevent privileged informations being
   shared outside of company.

o  Mail Audit Interval = 4h (CRON!? - cron.daily)

   messages would be processed in batch/background,
   and in lower priority

My Best Regards,

--
Moacyr Leite da Silva (moacyrs at akadnyx dot com dot br)
kadnyx Network Services (http://www.akadnyx.com.br)

+55 19 3242-4895

"Time is the best teacher; unfortunately, it kills all its students."