Setting up a Gateway

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jun 28 12:31:31 IST 2002

Can I just point out something:

In order to get mail from, for example, an MX 10 server to an MX 5 server,
you don't need any special sendmail rules at all. If you have a sendmail.cw
file (or other way of getting entries into class w), then just put
your.domain.com         RELAY
in there and it will all do it for you. You'll probably need to convert the
file into a db or hash using makemap, but I'll leave that up to you.

By definition, one of the jobs of a low priority (high number) MX server is
to forward mail to a "better" MX server. You just need to give it
permission, then leave it to it.

Then when you are sending mail, you can do what you like.

It's about time this discussion got moved to a sendmail list, it's getting
rather OT for this list.

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ