mailscanner status command

Declan Grady Declan.Grady at NUVOTEM.COM
Fri Jun 28 10:54:57 IST 2002

I have tried the mailscanner status command, but it always tells me outgoing mailscanner is not running.

>From my little knowledge, I think it is the expression it is trying to match, which is not right for my redhat7.0 system, with sendmail 8.12-3.

in a 'ps ax' I get a line:

28439 ?        S      0:00 sendmail: Queue runner at 00:15:00 for /var/spool/mqueue

so I would guess in the mailscnner script I need to change the line:

pid=`ps ax | egrep '\[sendmail\]|sendmai[l] -q[0-9]*[mhd]'`

pid=`ps ax | egrep 'sendmail\: Queue runner\@[0-9]*'`

Am I missing something ?

Thanks,
Declan

--
Declan Grady

Nuvotem
Crolly, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, Ireland.
http://www.nuvotem.com