Setting up a Gateway

Francois Caen FCaen at CI.LAKEWOOD.WA.US
Thu Jun 27 18:56:12 IST 2002

Try using mailertables (assuming you are running Sendmail) or read Julian's text on the subject at:
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/faq.shtml#16

Francois Caen
Network Information Systems Engineer - Webmaster
City of Lakewood, WA
(253) 512-2269
-----Original Message-----
From: dcooper at UKMATRIX.NET
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2002 10:50 AM
To: <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Subject: [MAILSCANNER] Setting up a Gateway

We have a farily busy mailserver here, looking after quite a few domains but
I only want to use mailscanner on a small number of them.
Rather than set MailScanner up on the mailserver itself and use the
domains.to.scan.conf option, is there a way to use another server as a
gateway? i.e.  the MX records for the domain are changed to point to the
mail server running MailScanner. Mail scanner scans the email and then sends
it to the main mailserver?? I have tried doing this via a .forward file on
the mailscanner system and added the domain to the domains.to.scan.conf
file, but when i send an email to the domain, it simply enters
Jun 27 18:26:00 storm mailscanner[6618]: Forwarding 1 clean messages, 10300
bytes
into the syslog and forwards the mesage to the main mail server.
I know this seems like a 'why would you want to do that' situation but there
is a good reason why we may have to go down this road.
Thanks in advance,
D.