Proper way to handle misidentifiedspamsite-wide?

John Goggan jgoggan at DCG.COM
Wed Jun 26 23:29:59 IST 2002

Julian Field wrote:
> In which case, don't delete it.
>
> >Maybe instead of delete I could dump all of the emails system-wide
> >that are marked as spam into a catchall that someone manually
> >checks now and then (and then whitelists things like Staple's
> >"specials" mailing list)?
>
> That's what the Spam Action "store" is for.

Ok -- I thought I was all set until I actually switched from "deliver" to
"store".  I expected it to log full, near-original spam messages in the
quarantine -- for me to easily go through to check for misidentified spam.  I
don't seem to be getting that behavior.  I appear to be getting mqueue-like
partial files -- i.e. no headers or anything -- certainly not the original
messages that I had hoped for.

Am I missing something?  I looked through the configuration docs and believe
that I have things configured properly -- but I'm simply not getting what I
expected.

Basically, I just want all of the system-wide messages detected as spam to be
dumped somewhere where I can manually go through them to quickly check for
misidentified non-spam (preferably in standard mbox format, I guess, so that I
can use whatever reader/client I'd like).  Can this be done easily?

Thanks.

 - John...