{SPAM?} spamassassin required hits adjustment.

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jun 25 22:01:59 IST 2002

At 21:54 25/06/2002, you wrote:
>Thanks for the "proof read" Julian.

No worries.

>I've got bigger problems.  SA suddenly started rating most of my mail at 255
>(including all mail from this list).  It also appears to be called twice
>consecutively

Eek. Never seen that one before. What SA are you running? They have
produced a 2.31 in the past few days, which seems to be working okay for
me. 255 hits implies the return code from SA could have been negative (it's
shifted right 8 times). Test SA thoroughly with the manual "spamassassin"
script in their distribution.

><snip>
><snip>
>
>I turned off SA for now.  I will investigate further tomorrow.
>
> > If someone feels like writing it...
>
>Ok, fair enough.  I've got a long way to go before I can pitch in, but its a
>personal goal.
>
>Thanks again
>
>Scott Hancock

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ