occasional empty spamassassin reports

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jun 25 14:06:00 IST 2002

I have added a test into the latest release to catch this so it doesn't
think this is spam, not that that's your problem here. I have not been able
to find the cause of it. Sometimes SpamAssassin seems to generate an empty
report. I suspected it was due to timeout problems, but as you have seen
yourself it's not that.

On another note I have finally been able to reliably reproduce the bug
where SpamAssassin reports that a message is spam, even though its hits <
required-hits. I coded around this in MailScanner some time ago, but have
just posted the bug report to the SA mailing list in the hope someone might
fix it.

At 13:48 25/06/2002, you wrote:
>howdy
>
>perhaps about 10% of the time (maybe a bit less), I get an email with
>this header:

>I have it set to always include the spamassassin report header.  This happens
>with both spam and non-spam.  I thought maybe spamassassin was timing out,
>so I increased the timeoout in mailscanner.conf to 30 from 10.  No love.
>
>Known bug?

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ