mailscanner.conf

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Jun 22 11:51:14 IST 2002

At 04:39 22/06/2002, you wrote:
>Can you make possible to have an option in mailscanner.conf to ajust
>the command sendmail -q[time] in /etc/init.d/mailscanner

Not easily, no, as then the init.d script would have to parse the whole of
mailscanner.conf to find the value, which is a bit heavy for it.

>I'm always editing that file to ajust -q15m to -q1m, maybe not just me!

Personally I don't like setups that involve a -q1m, I feel there must be a
better way. In the Installation FAQ, there are 2 notes about high-volume
setups, have you looked at the 2nd one?

As a further option, how about a file /etc/sysconfig/mailscanner which is
optional, but will be used for sendmail and mailscanner command-line
options if it exists? That way you could put -q1m into the right line in
that file and it would stay across versions. I would only supply a blank
template, leaving you to add options if you want to.