Signing messages by domain/MRTG

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Tue Jun 18 15:02:46 IST 2002

Michael Chaney wrote:
> I would highly recommend talking to your legal department/lawyer about
> the actual validity of those "legal disclaimers".  While they look good,
> they're likely to bring laughter from a judge were something to get that
> far.  It's probably not worth the effort.

I'm inclined to agree with you. So is our Data Protection person. She also
pointed out that it's a bit stupid having a disclaimer at the bottom of the
message. If you want to say something to the effect of "Don't read this if
it's not for you", surely you should say it before the recipient has read
the message?

The thing that really annoys me is when you get a 3 line message with a 40
line bilingual (we're in Wales) disclaimer on the bottom!

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed                           To have no errors
Information Services                    Would be life without meaning