Problems SpamAssassin 2.30 Linux rpm version

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Jun 15 18:12:10 IST 2002

At 18:01 15/06/2002, you wrote:
>Testing the rpm version at home gives this little error.
>

>[root at hollywood etc]# service mailscanner restart
>Shutting down MailScanner:                                 [FAILED]
>Starting MailScanner: Configuration file
>/opt/mailscanner/etc/spam.assassin.prefs.conf could not be opened for
>reading! at /usr/local/MailScanner/bin/logger.pl line 63.

 From the mailscanner.conf file:

# Set the location of the SpamAssassin user_prefs file. If you want to
# stop SpamAssassin doing all the RBL checks again, then you can add
# "skip_rbl_checks = 1" to this file.
# This must be defined if "Compile SpamAssasin Once = yes".
SpamAssassin Prefs File = /usr/local/MailScanner/etc/spam.assassin.prefs.conf

>It also seems that the mailscanner.conf file is not the same
>as the solaris version, for example, it does not include the
>SA autowhitelis featues nor a couple of the recent rbl lists.

I've just diff-ed the versions in the sources. Are you 100% sure you have
downloaded and diff-ed the right version. Please double-check as I don't
see how you can have managed this :( It looks like your RPM-installed one
is a different version to your tar-ball.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ